Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Workin' for the weekend.

I am so excited about this weekend! Here's what's lined up:

1. Friday night after work I'm headed to the fair with Ari, Jenni (see her blog here) and Patricia. There are plans for eating lots of deliciously disgusting fried food and just hanging out together. I cannot wait!

2. Saturday afternoon I'm having lunch with a friend/former co-worker whom I haven't seen in a couple of months. I can't believe it's been that long since I saw her last (see Monday's post about someone's finger being on the fast forward button). I'm really looking forward to seeing her again and catching up.

3. On Sunday, I'm getting together with my family to celebrate my grandparent's 54th wedding anniversary. We're going to Mass on Sunday morning and then it's back to my grandparent's house for dinner. That should also be a good time - I always enjoy seeing my family (as you well know by now).

4. On Monday afternoon, my mom and stepdad have invited Rob and I to a Rivercats game in a box suite. That should also be a good time - I'm more looking forward to the company and the food than the game. Did you know Big Spoon yogurt has a concession stand at Raley Field?? Yummmmm.

All in all, it should be a great albeit busy weekend. I'm REALLY looking forward to the extra day off and am going to enjoy it as much as possible, since it will be my last extended weekend until Thanksgiving. Oy.

But with as fast as this year is going, I'm sure it will be here in no time flat. Which is both comforting and downright scary at the same time.

Whatever your plans are this holiday weekend, stay safe and enjoy the last weekend of summer! (Boo hoo!)

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Woo hoo!! Greasy deep-fried goodness, here we come.