Thursday, August 7, 2008

Stacy and Clinton have done it again.

Lately, I've been feeling like I'm in a little bit of a fashion rut. I can't quite put together exciting and fun looks on a regular basis and I'm just grabbing for what I know is safe. There's nothing wrong with my outfits - they just need a little oomph.

Enter Stacy and Clinton. Last night, I watched an episode of What Not to Wear and cringed in horror at the 28-year-old woman who wore fairy wings (huge, Tinkerbell wings that she wore on her back in public, no less) and glitter eyeshadow because it was fun and cute. Aauugh. When they showed her some ideas of outfits to buy, the wheels started turning in my head. I had a couple of different ideas of what I wanted to wear today and decided to go for it.

So I wore a burgundy trapeze shirt with a brown belt around my middle, dark denim trouser jeans and a pair of muted silver and gold kitten heels. I felt great that I'd tried something new (for me) and that it looked so cute. And I didn't have to buy a thing!

Once again, Stacy and Clinton have helped me with fashion inspiration. So I'm off to go run and watch another episode. Who knows what will inspire me tonight?

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love Stacy and Clinton. They make me want to dress badly, just so I can go on the show.