Saturday, August 9, 2008

Russian River revisited.

Although it's been 2 weeks since we got home from our family vacation, I'm still thinking about it. It was a blissful week of relaxing, swimming, spending time with each other and eating until my pants no longer fit. We had pretty awesome weather for most of the week - the first couple of days we had typical coastal weather (foggy until about noon and then mild temperatures) and then the rest of the week was fog-free and warm. Perfect. I took a nap every day. I read every day. I took a walk every morning with my aunts in the perfect scenery. I caught up with all of my relatives. It was pretty darn great.

And here, a few pictures to show you:

Kristie and I mugging for the camera (and Corey trying to ruin it behind us):












Rob and I:











My grandmother (Oma) after going blackberry picking:











My grandmother is almost 76 years old and still cooks for 15 people the entire week. Amazing, isn't she?

My aunt's awesome (fake) tattoo:











The pizza place where we go and have lunch one day during the week. These people make really, really, really good pizza.











All in all it was an awesome week. And I could not imagine it without all of these people:











Back row, l to r: Philip (my sister Alisha's boyfriend), my uncle Harold, my cousin Kim's husband Nick, my husband Rob, my aunt Kathy and my uncle Norman.
Middle row, l to r: my grandmother (Oma), my aunt Irene, my cousin Kim, my cousin Kristie, me, my mom and my grandfather (Baba).
Front row, l to r: my cousin Corey and my sister Alisha.

I really am an incredibly lucky person. Wouldn't you agree?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I can't imagine spending that much time with family without us all driving each other crazy. Glad it's so reviving for your spirit!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your family vacation photos. It looks like everyone had a great time! I'm sure there were a lot of cherished memories =).