Monday, August 25, 2008

Uh-oh.

I think I may be addicted to exercise.

As I mentioned previously, I've been working out 6 days a week in preparation for the Run to Feed the Hungry on Thanksgiving morning. I've been biking and doing the Couch to 5k program (found here: thanks for the inspiration, Jenni!) and Sundays are my day of rest to let my body recuperate. Which I do enjoy, by the way.

But the joy is short lived, because when I wake up on Monday morning, I am a GROUCH. The world sucks and my job sucks and I look terrible and I feel terrible and everything's just...YUCK. Now granted, I'm usually not the happiest of people on Monday mornings (show me one person who isn't!), but I'm usually not that gloom and doom. Once I get to work and get started with my day, I'm fine. But not since I've started exercising this much. By Monday morning, the high I had on Saturday afternoon is long gone and the yucks have set in. And they last pretty much all day until I get back on that treadmill again, and then everything is right with the world and I feel so much better.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad that exercising makes me feel as good as I do. And now I've definitely found a reason to keep going. But I think I'm going to have to do something low impact on Sundays just to keep me in the routine and keep those endorphins going, otherwise I'm doomed to never have a happy Monday ever again.

If such a thing even exists.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

If I could start that program, I'm sure I would get addicted quickly. I'm chomping at the bit!! Two more weeks then I am ON IT.