Monday, July 7, 2008

The power of Safeway.

I had to stop at Safeway on my way to work this morning, and as weird as it is to say this, nothing makes me happier than Safeway in the morning.

Why, you ask?

In the town of Guerneville where my family and I go on vacation every year, the only grocery store in town is Safeway. We make I-don't-know-how-many-trips a day over there for anything and everything. On our very first trip there after we get settled, my particular purchases include mostly junk food and gossip and girlie magazines. Just being in the store reminds me of being on vacation - I'm happy, relaxed and free.

So it was a nice start to a Monday and a wonderful reminder of where I'll be 2 weeks from today.
I'm going to start making my Safeway list this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Safeway is great, I don't have a good reason to like it like you but I still like ti :p

Jennifer said...

Anything that reminds me of vacation is *excellent* in my book.