Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A-ha! moment.

No, not like the Swedish band from the 80's with the hit song "Take On Me."

I was told at work today that I may have up to 8 people in the new hire orientation I'm conducting on Monday. My initial reaction was to panic (internally, of course - gotta hold all that neuroses inside), but then I realized that I was panicking for no reason because I knew I could handle it. And that was a great feeling.

Next week will be a year that I've been in my current job. And today was yet another sign that the confidence I have in myself at work is growing every day.

It's a pretty awesome feeling to have, I must say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*high five* :p

Jennifer said...

Good for you!! Isn't it amazing how we (and I do mean, you and me, as opposed to the more global "we" of all people everywhere) try to create angst for ourselves? Cliff said to me the other day, "when you're having a good day, you manufacture something to stress about. [Why can't you] let yourself relax."

You can totally handle that many people!! And with class.