Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A-MRAZ-ing weekend.

A few of my relatives and I went to visit my cousin who lives in Santa Cruz this past weekend. She moved there a year and a half ago, and sadly, this is the first time I've been to visit her. Her and my sister and I went to see Jason Mraz at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz on Friday night, and it was AWESOME: probably one of the best concerts I've ever been to. He's such an amazing singer - I can't even really put into words how great he was. The guy that opened for him, Bushwalla, was a lot of fun - he sang a song about how riding a bike is not very conducive to meeting women. The chorus of that song was "It's hard to be a gangster with a basket on your bike." Hilarious!

We spent Saturday walking around Capitola, eating pizza from Pizza My Heart (yum!), walking around downtown Santa Cruz, and then capped it all off with dinner at a place called Hula's. I had the Thai Chicken Bowl, and it was DELICIOUS. Unfortunately, I wasn't that hungry since we'd spent the entire day eating, but it was still really good - definitely a place to go back to.
I also got to see my cousin's cottage (so cute!) and the school where she teaches (also cute!). I only wish we'd had more time to spend - it went way too fast! Here are a few pictures from the weekend:

Me (left) and my cousin at the concert Friday night.

Me, my mom and my sister at the restaurant on Saturday night.

My aunt and my two cousins at dinner on Saturday night. Nice face, Kristie!!

Thanks to Kristie for showing us around all day Saturday. We all had a great time!!

0 comments: