Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I added 1 hour to my life today!






How was your day?

Today is the start of the American Heart Association's National Start! Walking campaign. The idea behind it is to raise awareness of how good walking really is for you and to support the fight against heart disease. Did you know that for every hour of regular, vigorous exercise that you do, you gain 2 hours of life? How cool is that?

The company I work for decided to participate in this campaign, so along with a few of my fellow co-workers, we took a 30 minute walk today to kick it off. I felt really good afterwards - unfortunately, it's been awhile since I've exercised since I haven't been feeling well lately and life has just been too darn busy. I usually get a little sleepy during the day (as do most of us who work behind a desk), and this was just the pick-me-up I needed to get me through the rest of my day. And, I added an hour to my life - woo hoo!

So go and do something nice for yourself and your family by extending your life a little bit. And who knows? Maybe you'll make it a regular routine and end up adding years to your life.

Happy walking!

0 comments: