Thursday, April 24, 2008

Mark this date down in history.

I missed something big today.

When I came home from work, R said the cats were sleeping on our bed earlier today TOGETHER. SIDE BY SIDE. TOUCHING EACH OTHER.

And there's no physical proof that it happened, other than R's story. Auuughh!

For those of you who don't know my cats, they don't care for each other. At all. They don't snuggle together all cute-like during the winter when it's cold out - oh no. They would much rather chase the other one from a room or smack the other one on the head with their paw. They're civil to each other most of the time, but every now and then there's a skirmish and it sounds like elephants are running around upstairs. Thankfully there's never any blood or biting - just lots of chasing and intimidation. I always have nice little fairy tale dreams that one day they will sleep next to each other and it will look like a greeting card and they'll have forgiven each other's mistakes and flaws and be BFFs. It's been 7 years and I'm still dreaming.

So! Now you see why today was so AMAZING! And I missed it.

I wonder if this is what missing your child's first step is like.

KIDDING, of course!

0 comments: