Monday, March 23, 2009

The voice of reason.

I've noticed lately that my tendencies are starting to change. As an example, instead of doing things I naturally want to do, I'm starting to gravitate more to doing things I need to do. Not that I don't do what I should be doing most of the time; it's just that the things I want to do get the best of me more than they should, mostly when I'm not at work (of course). I'm not saying there's anything wrong with giving in to what you want to do; it's just making sure that the need-to's get done when they should.

We should all to give into our wants every now and then, but the need-to's have to come into play at some point. The feeling of getting a need-to off of my to-do list is now more satisfying than getting a want-to off of it. Isn't that a sign of adulthood?

I guess at 32, it's finally all making sense. Imagine that.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

I know exactly what you mean. The balance of need-to and want-to is tough. Isn't it weird when you finally feel like a grown-up?