Monday, October 6, 2008

The pinched nerve is back.

For the past few years, I've had an angry nerve in my back that flares up now and again. If I bend over just right or move just the right way, it hurts for a couple of days and life is not pleasant. I did a free run on the Wii yesterday (running in place), and I noticed my back bothering me not long after I finished, so I don't think I'll be doing that again for awhile. Sitting doesn't seem to bother me so much, but walking around is uncomfortable, and laying down is OK if I'm in the right position. Unfortunately, nothing really helps except time and laying off of it, so that means no running tonight. I'm going to try and do some yoga later on in hopes that it will stretch things out a little.

I'm starting to get nervous about taking too much time off from running. The race is only 52 days from today, so every chance I get to run and improve my time is helpful. But resting my body is more important right now, so I'll be taking care of myself tonight.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ouch, I'm sorry! I hope you're doing better now...take it easy!