Sunday, September 21, 2008

Thought of the day.

I found this in an old copy of body and soul (a really good magazine, even if it is Martha Stewart):

"A mentor once inspired me to remember that each person I pass is just like me: we all want to be happy, and we all have pain. Whenever I find myself envying another woman's slimmer waistline or someone else's shiny sports car, I pause to consciously remind myself that they are both like me. By not comparing, our basic human compassion replaces envy with peace."

Isn't that great? I felt so much relief in reading that statement. I'm guilty of wanting what someone else has more than once before, thinking their life is better than mine, but we all have issues and private matters we don't share. Everyone struggles, no matter who they are or what they do. And that makes me so much more compassionate than I ever thought possible.

What a nice way to end a Sunday.

0 comments: