Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Midnight train to Georgia.

I mean, 6:35 train to San Jose'.

I'm heading to Santa Cruz this weekend (yay!) for Kim's bachelorette weekend (yay!) and I'm taking Amtrak for the first time. Unfortunately, the train I'm taking leaves at 6:35 a.m. and I have to be at the train station by 6:00 a.m. on Saturday morning. Oy. I normally get up semi-early on the weekends anyway (usually, I'm up by 7:30), but having to get up at my normal wake-up time of 5am is going to be really hard to do on a Saturday.

However, it's going to be 3 hours and 20 minutes of nothing time. Me time. Time to read my book (Kite Runner, by the way), listen to my iPod (loading new stuff on as we speak) and maybe take a nap. And maybe get a little something to eat from the dining car.

I'm told that riding the train is a lot of fun: the scenery is great, the ride itself is very relaxing, and the number one best thing about it, no road rage.

And so, another new traveling adventure awaits. Hopefully I can stay awake long enough to enjoy the ride.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard great things about Amtrak! Not sure if they still have the Wifi section on the train. I've heard that commuters can log in on their laptop during their commute. Just a thought. Have a great time this weekend!

Jennifer said...

Just don't fall asleep till after you cross the Carquinez Strait. And have fun!!