Monday, June 16, 2008

Have you checked your shower for spiders lately?

If you haven't, you should!

Ever since I can remember, I've done a spider check every time I get ready to take a shower. It consists of a general sweep of the bathtub, corners, ceiling and complete area around the showerhead. I've been surprised one too many times by a wayward spider to be caught off guard again, so I make sure the coast is clear every time.

Except as of late, I've gotten a little...lazy. I haven't seen anything in a REALLY long time, so I let my guard down a little bit.

And that's when it struck.

I got in the shower tonight after my work out and was really looking forward to using my new tangerine shower gel when I noticed something black sitting on the razor blade I have sitting in my shower caddy soap dish. I thought it a little odd, and started to move on until I saw it move.

And then I bolted.

I nearly slipped in the shower trying to run for my life, and in the process, hit the bony part of my leg right under my knee (altogether now: "Owwwww!") on the track that holds the shower door. I now have a nice red welt that will probably turn into a beautiful bruise that will match my new purple dress perfectly.

Thankfully, Rob came and saved the day after I had to give him a 5 minute description as to exactly where it was sitting. He found it, flushed it, and when I asked him if it was big, he said, "Yeah, it was fair."

Aaauuughhhhhh (skin crawling).

You know what this means: back on spider patrol. Anything I see will be shot on site. (Or, more accurately, I'll have Rob shoot on site.)

So please, if you haven't checked your bathroom lately, do it before it's too late, if only for my sake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate spiders too! I totally sympathize with you. Alex and our 2cats were appointed to be the spider exterminators in our household. Keep up the spider patrol =)

Anonymous said...

Wow I am glad I am not alone. I had a similar experience recently but worse since my spider was in the kitchen and it was like as big as a silver dollar, plus Stephen wasn't home so I had to call him to get home quick before it ran away!!!! lol I fricken hate spiders!!