Saturday, March 29, 2008

Revelation.

I finally returned to my gym last night after a long absence. They've moved to a new location since I was there last, and it's such a big improvement over where they were before. There's more parking, more amenities, and a private group fitness room - hooray! I've decided to start taking more classes in order to mix up my fitness routine so I stay focused and interested. There's a spin class coming up on Wednesday afternoon, and tomorrow morning is an introduction to yoga class. I've been considering yoga for a long time now, so it was almost like a sign last night when I saw the class schedule. I'm looking forward to it - I'm hoping it will allow me to relax more and be more focused in general.

The most important thing I noticed last night was how great I felt once I was done with my workout. I felt toned and invigorated - in fact, I had a hard time coming down off of my high when I got home. I couldn't find enough things to do, I had so much energy. It hit me right then and there that no matter how I feel when I come home from work, I've got to exercise no matter what. Unless I'm ill or I have a broken limb, I'll be exercising at least every other day if not every day.

It was so easy for me to forget how great I feel once I'm finished, but now that I've got that feeling back again, I'm not letting it go.

Doggy Dash, here I come!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay you!! Personally I don't feel that exercise high, but I do like the overall-more-balanced energy, and the overall-less-aches-and-stiffness that exercise brings me. And I love yoga!! It isn't necessarily a sweaty exercise, but it sure does help balance and strength. Go for it!!