Friday, May 1, 2009

It's nice to feel appreciated.

We're installing a new database at work and as a result, have had to do a LOT of data entry over the past two days. And when I say a lot, I mean a lot. Our whole department has been doing nothing but data entry since yesterday morning. I don't mind it (it's very zen for me), but when there's that much and it takes away from being able to do other work, it's grinding.

So it was a nice surprise when we got in today and discovered that our manager had left us all fuschia plants to thank us for all the hard work. And then the project manager for this project bought us lunch today as a thank-you for all the data entry.

Even though it's been a tough week, I feel like my efforts are being recognized and appreciated, and that only makes me want to work harder.

It's amazing how great work can be when you have the right manager.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hurray! Good for you. It is nice to be appreciated, and recognized for your hard work.