Wednesday, February 25, 2009

An ugly discovery.

So I made the realization today that sugar is apparently my caffeine. Take it away, and I can't function as well as normal. I've been crabby all day and a little on the hungry side, even though I ate tons of fruits and veggies. I also had a bean burrito for lunch (to get that protein in) and a Boca burger for dinner (meatless, of course), which I thought would take care of the hungry part, but sadly, it did not.

Now my challenge is to find snacks that are either high in protein or high in fiber, since my normal high fiber granola bar snack has been kicked to the curb (10 grams of sugar per serving!).

I realized this afternoon at work that I feel just like I did during my first week of Weight Watchers - constantly thinking about food and looking at the time to see if it's time to eat again. But I soon felt better when I remembered that the feeling went away after a few days and I completely adjusted. So by this time next week, I should be feeling a lot better. I've just got to get through these next few days.

Wish me luck.

0 comments: