Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pet peeve.

Why is that, sometimes (or all the time, depending on who you talk to), people forget the fundamentals of driving and act like complete morons? While driving home this afternoon, it was pretty backed up as soon as I got on the freeway. It was stop and go traffic, which is a little unusual for the time of day I leave work (3:30). As I got closer to my exit, people were stopping to look at a single car accident (someone hit the guard rail and had minor damage to his car), which pretty much created all the traffic. As soon as I passed the incident, traffic cleared up and it was smooth sailing all the way home. I don't understand the blatant gawking at something that's really not that interesting and none of their beeswax. What is it about seeing someone else's problem that's so fascinating?

It's the same reason why reality television is so popular, I suppose. People are just too curious for their own good.

Now please excuse me while I go make sure that Project Runway is still set up to record on my DVR.

0 comments: