Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Twas the night before Christmas...

And I still feel like a kid.

I'm so happy that I get the same feeling the night before Christmas Eve, even though I have to work half a day tomorrow. Though the holidays have changed for me as I've gotten older, I now appreciate how much goes into preparing for the holidays and don't take it for granted anymore.

I did mention to a co-worker today that it would be nice for everyone if we could all, just for one Christmas, go back to how it was when we were kids. When the anticipation and excitement were all-consuming, and we were all so innocent. I wish now that I'd savored those Christmases just a little bit more.

But I'm lucky in that every Christmas Eve morning, I still wake up with the same butterflies-in-my-stomach feeling that I used to have as a child. And I really hope that never goes away.

So even though I have to head into work for a little while tomorrow, I'll have that wonderful feeling to keep me aglow all morning long. And it will carry me right through until Thursday night.

Happy holidays, everyone! Enjoy this time with your families and cherish every moment. I know I will.

0 comments: