Monday, November 3, 2008

Inside the invisible box.

In case you hadn't already guessed by the title, I was a mime for Halloween. Our entire department was a gang of mimes. And we had a blast. Here are some photos to prove it:















This is me at my desk, trying to have a mime-ish expression on my face. I've never worn that heavy white face make-up before, but I have a whole new respect for actors/mimes. That stuff is awful. As soon as I put it on, my face started to itch and I wanted nothing more than to go to town and scratch it all off. I kept feeling little pieces of lint stuck to it all day. At one point, I forgot I was wearing it and rubbed my nose. That required a reapplication. Although for it being my first time applying it and referencing the mighty Internet for a mime picture, I thought I did pretty good. Also, thank goodness for the black and white striped sweater in my closet!

Here's the rest of us hamming it up in the elevator:

















Don't we look great? We went around to different departments sneaking up on them. Some people laughed, some people said it was their worst nightmare come true. But we had a lot of fun nonetheless. And my cheesecake was a smash hit. It came out of the springform pan perfectly, and it tasted like heaven. Although a little goes a long way with that cake - lots of cream cheese and heavy cream make it SUPER rich.

So another Halloween for the books and it was fabulous. With these people as co-workers, I'm already looking forward to next year!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

This is cracking me UP! What a fun idea, and I love that you were sneaking up on people all day. Ha. I'm glad you had a good Halloween.