Sunday, November 16, 2008

Repeat movie night.

My husband and I watched The Color Purple tonight after not having seen it for quite some time. I positively love that movie. I have yet to read the book, so I think it's going to be next on my list. The primary reason for watching it again was because I went and saw the play last weekend at the Community Center, and it was great. Better than great. And I'd forgotten about what an inspirational story it is, and was interested in comparing the two to see the differences. The play was pretty close to the movie, although there was a lot more (fabulous) singing in the play.

I won't give away all of the details in case not everyone has seen it, in which case I implore you: please rent the movie! You will not be disappointed, I promise you.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

The book is truly wonderful, as well.