Monday, April 20, 2009

This Friday is casual Friday!

You know why?

BECAUSE I'M TAKING THE DAY OFF!

I could not be more excited, as you can tell. I am desperately in need of a three day weekend, and my boss was gracious enough to give me the day off even though we are in the throws of this software project. I have not been myself over the last few weeks, and this morning I felt like I was approaching serious burnout. So I figure, either I have a complete meltdown and don't take care of myself, OR I use a little bit of PTO (paid time off) and save myself and the company from my mental downward spiral.

And I'm telling you, as soon as she said it was OK, it was like a cool breeze swept through me and I was instantly in a much better mood. I could tell it was exactly what I needed based on that feeling. She suggested I get out of town for the day and do something to clear my head. I'm not sure what I'll be doing, although I do have some ideas:

  • Getting a massage
  • Getting my eyebrows waxed (WAY overdue)
  • Taking myself out to a healthy lunch
  • Enjoying the deliciousness of not having to go to work (that's definitely on the agenda)

I think between having this Friday off and Memorial Day next month, I should be fine until my vacation in July.

And three months from today, that's where I'll be.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Woo hoo! Good for you. I need a me day too, but... See you Friday night?