Monday, April 27, 2009

Perfect weekend.

This weekend (as I anticipated) was like a breath of fresh air in my lungs. I feel rejuvenated; like a new person. It started out with me getting up at a very reasonable hour Friday morning (7:30 - I know, I know - it's not sleeping in that much, but I didn't want to waste the day!), eating breakfast and then heading to Target for a little retail therapy. It was so nice going shopping that early on a weekday morning - there was hardly anyone in the store and I felt like I could take all the time I wanted. I bought a couple of little treats for myself, and then headed out to get my hair cut. That's when the real transformation began.

I've been growing my hair out for a couple of years. I had short hair for a while and then decided to grow it out a little bit, but something was missing. My hair wasn't hip or cute: it just...was. So I asked one of my co-workers where she gets her hair done, and she gave me the name and number of the salon on Wednesday. I called that afternoon, and to my surprise, they were able to get me in on Friday. I was a little nervous (new person, new salon), but it all went away when I got there.

I sat down in her chair, and I only gave her one rule: give me something I can duplicate at home. Other than that, do whatever you think will look best on me. I have fine/thin hair, so I wasn't expecting anything grand, but then she said "I think we should give you Heidi Klum bangs." I have always loved that look but didn't think I could pull it off. When I asked her if she was sure I could do it, she said without hesitation, "Absolutely." So I took the plunge, and since I just finished working out, I can't post a picture of my cute new 'do. So I'll do that tomorrow...promise!

I have never been so happy with a haircut in my entire life. I was so excited that I wanted to run down the street, telling the world how fantastic I felt. I feel like an entirely new person. I feel like I've got more confidence than I've ever had, and I feel like I look great. Better than ever.

Who knew a hair cut could make you feel like that? I already booked my next appointment with her.

After that, I went to The Bread Store (the BEST sandwich shop around) to get my most favorite sandwich: the veggie on french bread. And it was...heaven. They put provolone cheese and dill spread on it, and it is to die for. And since the salon is right across the street from there, I'll be going there for lunch every time I'm finished.

After lunch, I headed to Ulta to use a gift card I got for my birthday. I got my eyebrows waxed (and they look GREAT!) and then headed over to Nordstrom Rack to see what I could find. I found a few cute things and a pair of shoes, and then headed to Cupcake Craving for some cupcakes. In the evening, I went out to dinner with some wonderful friends, and then came home and played Rock Band with my husband and my cousin Kim and her husband.

On Saturday I went to the Tower Cafe' with my cousin and her little girl, where we sat outside in the gorgeous weather and ate delicious food.

It was a blissful weekend, and I'm so glad that I decided to do this for myself. I feel like I can take on anything and have no problem getting it done.

And I promise I'll post that picture!

0 comments: