Thursday, January 1, 2009

My New Year's commitments.

Every year, I make New Year's resolutions that I never keep, like most people do. This year, I've decided to call them commitments instead of resolutions, so I can take them more seriously and actually follow through on them. Here's what I've come up with:

1. Stop chewing on my fingers when I get nervous or stressed. It's an ugly habit that I've had for most of my life and I'm bound and determined to stop this year.

2. Go back to eating lots of fruits and veggies like I used to do a couple of years ago. It really made such a difference in how I felt, and since I've done it before, I can do it again.

3. Train myself for a run. I miss the way I used to feel and want that back again.

4. Really, REALLY stop making things harder for myself than they need to be. I worry about minute things way more than I need to, and I'm realizing now that all that does is complicate things. I'm not sure yet how I'm going to do this, but I'll find a way.

I think this is a good start. I'm sure I can come up with more, but for now, this is enough for me to work on.

Happy New Year and happy new you!!

0 comments: