Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I'm baaaaaaaack.

And seriously, how the heck has it been an entire YEAR since I've posted? Sheesh. Unacceptable. Or as John Cage from Ally McBeal would say, "Repugnant."

I should start with, "How the heck have you been??" I have been...well...pretty great, actually. The last year has been full of really amazing highs and some awful lows...probably the worst I've ever been through. But, I have made it through to the other side and am feeling much more like myself these days than ever before. And I can't tell you how happy that makes me. I'd forgotten what it was to be me for awhile, and I've since rediscovered who I am and I realized how much I missed me. And how much of me I had hidden for so long.

The best part of the last year, which I neglected to mention in any of my posts (shame on me) is this amazing little person:


















Nora Grace, my cousin Kim and her husband Nick's little girl, who was born last summer and is truly a blessing. She is the light of my life and a little doll. No one can make me laugh like she can. She has brought so much joy to our family since her arrival, and it has been so much fun watching her grow and learn. So you'll probably start seeing a lot of her show up on my blog, as you can on Kim's blog: http://becauseitstrue.blogspot.com/

And so I have triumphantly returned! I promise that I will start writing regularly again, since I have so many fun things happening in the next couple of months.

I'm so glad to be back again. I've missed you, and me, so much.

3 comments:

kimmeree3 said...

I thought I was seeing things - a NEW post?!? You mean I don't have to see "Hi, September!" in my blog list anymore? Glad to have you back in the blog world! :)

Unknown said...

Hi, Nikki-Joyce. I've missed you so.

Anonymous said...

You're a tough cookie for sure!!! Love you...and glad you're back :)