Thursday, June 25, 2009

Reality television finally pays off...sort of.

I've always been rather indecisive, which to me is a very annoying personality trait. I can't make a lot of snap decisions, and I tend to overthink things waaaaay too much, which results in a lengthy decision making process for everything. I doubt myself so much that it clouds my head. I've been struggling with this a lot lately, and on my way home yesterday, I had an odd realization. Whenever I watch reality television shows and someone has to make a difficult decision, I'm usually pretty good at being objective and realizing the best course of action. So when I'm faced with a challenging situation, all I have to do is think, "If I were watching myself talk about this on TV right now, what would I be telling the television?"

I guess it's my way of stepping back from the situation to take a look at the bigger picture. Weird, but as I always say, whatever works.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yes! Whatever works. This is actually a really good technique to use, since as females, we are taught to concern ourselves more with other people than ourselves. So, just think, if you were advising me or PJ what to do...you'd be more objective, right?

Plus, I think your "indecisiveness" is a good trait. I make decisions so quickly that I sometimes get myself in hot water, or create more problems for myself. Ah well, we always want the opposite of what we have, right?