Monday, May 26, 2008

Note to self:

Don't work out after 8:00 at night.

We went to my mom's yesterday and didn't get home until around 7:45. I hadn't exercised yet, so since I was off today and wasn't planning on going to bed at my normal time, I decided to exercise at 8:30. I felt great afterwards (as I always do), but for some reason, I was more wired than usual. Maybe it was because I was excited about having another day off and getting to sleep in again - who knows? I didn't fall asleep until after midnight because I felt like I'd had 2 cups of coffee right before bed. There's nothing worse than not being able to fall asleep when you really, REALLY want to. So I flipped on the television for a little while until I got drowsy and finally fell asleep.

It might not be a bad idea for me to work out before I go to work: I could sure use that kind of energy first thing in the morning. Although in order to do that, I would have to get up at 4:45, and at this point, I'm just not that crazy/insane/demented (insert other adjective to describe crazy here).

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I can't tell you how much I would love to work out before work. But it gives me the dry heaves every time. And by the time I get home, I can barely stumble in the door and eat something. Argh. Not enough hours in the day.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole. Keep up the great work at the gym! I wish I could join you! Sure takes a lot of discipline..maybe I'll go back when Mr. D gets older!

Anonymous said...

I would love to join you at the gym! I miss going...but Mr. D monopolizes my time. I envy your dedication. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

It was good to see you!

and that sucks, I hate when you know you have to sleep but you are wide awake!!!